AASC has an on-site lab dedicated to materials testing as listed below.
Physical Materials Testing
- Fiber volume
- Void content
- Resin content testing via acid digestion and furnace burn off of the resin matrix
- Thermal property analysis via DSC or DMA techniques
- Glass transition temperature testing via DSC or DMA techniques.
- Performed by Instron Testing Machines, with a load capacity of up to 56,200 lbs.
- Wide variety of Wyoming test fixtures utilized for ASTM testing.
- Wide variety of testing techniques per ASTM and ISO test specifications listed below:
- Tensile testing (strength and modulus)
- Compression Testing (strength and modulus)
- Interlaminar Shear
- In-Plane Shear
- Laminate Interlaminar Flatwise Strength
- Flexure (strength and modulus)
Mechanical Analysis of Adhesives
- Peel testing - Honeycomb peels, or metal-to-metal bonded sandwich structures
- Lap Shear Testing - Tests the shear strength of adhesives and verifies the integrity of chemically cleaned and primed metal surfaces.
- Wedge Durability Testing - Tests the durability of adhesive bonded structures Routinely performed when parts undergo
- Phosphoric Acid Anodization
Solution and metal analysis via acid/base titrations and metal analysis via atomic absorption spectroscopy.