As a Cure Operator you will be operating and monitoring autoclave and oven equipment to ensure the successful curing, strengthening, and bonding of composite materials. Job duties include, but are not limited to, programming computerized autoclave/oven controls, reading/writing/interpreting manufacturing work instructions and some minimal mechanical tasks. Scheduled shift will be 7:30am-4:00pm Monday through Friday.
- Operate and control autoclave equipment according to established procedures and guidelines
- Load and unload aerospace parts into the autoclave, ensuring proper positioning
- Set and adjust temperature, pressure, and time parameters based on specification requirements
- Monitor autoclave operations throughout the curing process, adjusting as necessary
- Conduct regular inspections of autoclave equipment, ensuring proper functioning, cleanliness, and safety compliance
- Collaborate with the engineering and manufacturing teams to interpret part specifications, cure cycles, and process requirements
- Record and maintain accurate logs, documenting curing parameters, equipment performance, and production data
- Troubleshoot and resolve minor equipment issues or operational deviations, escalating complex problems to appropriate personnel
- Adhere to quality control standards and procedures to ensure the integrity and compliance
- Follow safety protocols and maintain a clean and organized work environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read and interpret work instructions and technical diagrams
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow precise instructions and procedures
- Ability to interpret and analyze data, troubleshoot issues, and make necessary adjustments during the curing process
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Willingness to join and comply with union rules and regulations
- Prior experience operating autoclaves, preferably in an aerospace or composite manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of autoclave curing processes, temperature controls, and pressure systems
- Familiarity with composite materials, such as carbon fiber or fiberglass, and their behavior during autoclave curing
The salary range for this role is $17-19 per hourly. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this open role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
Applied Aerospace Structures Corp is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. AASC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities or individuals who have a religious or medical accommodation.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org