Applied Aerospace Structures Corp
The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for overseeing the fabrication of hardware and tooling in accordance with customer specifications and quality requirements. The ideal candidate will possess an engineering degree in either aerospace, manufacturing, or mechanical engineering. AASC employs mechanical, aerospace, and manufacturing engineers at all levels of experience from entry level to highly qualified. If you have a fascination with aircraft and spacecraft, desire to be a major contributor, and want to be part of the exciting, high-tech industry of aerospace, AASC may have a job for you!
- Generating Assembly Manufacturing Instruction Documentation (MID) and reviewing with Program Manager and Quality Engineer for approval
- Working with the Production Coordinators to ensure that production schedules are maintained, materials are available to support the schedules
- Working with Operations to ensure that production schedules are maintained
- Identifying to the Program Manager any resource requirements needed to complete projects on time and within budget
- Direct customer communications as needed including teleconferences, Manufacturing Readiness Reviews (MRR’s), customer visits, etc.
- Support for Bids and Proposals, including labor and material estimates
- Properly setting up a project in the Manufacturing Computer System. This includes Part Number Maintenance (et.al.) and accurate Bills of Materials)
- Generating all project Requests to Purchase (RTP’s) (or review and approve Manufacturing Resources Planning (MRP-generated Buy Reports). This includes routing the RTP’s for approval through Quality, PC, PM, and Purchasing
- Generating and maintaining “piece-part” routers for simple parts (i.e. clean/prime, machined parts, etc.)
- Follow all safety protocols, guidelines, and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, with a focus in aerospace, mechanical, or manufacturing
- Excellent technical writing and documentation skills
- Familiarity with environmental regulations and best practices, including hazardous materials, hazardous waste management, air quality, and water quality
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate with internal teams, contractors, and vendors.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to accuracy and quality
- Strong hands on experience with composites
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
Applied Aerospace Structures Corp is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics under federal, state, and local laws. AASC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities or individuals who have a religious or medical accommodation.
The salary range for this role is $65,000-$75,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this open role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee’s pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org